Name:
Location: New York

I am a mom to three beautiful boys, two of which have Autism. I have the greatest husband and the greatest friends. You could say I have the perfect life because I live in a wonderful place!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Thanks for another great meeting!

I cannot believe that February has come and gone. We just had our March meeting already. It was nice this month. Very informal. We discussed service coordinators and school issues. Next month is going to be the Advocacy Center with their presentation on Building your advocacy notebook. Right now we are playing phone tag. It will be a longer meeting as they need a little more time. So, the meeting for April will run from 6-8. I will keep you all updated with the information as I get it.
Also, for those of you who are affected by Autism...April is Autism awareness month and I am trying to set up a fundraiser for our annual Autism walk. If you have any ideas, let me know. We have already discussed a bake sale, the Autism cookbook plus I am making some crafts with some Autism awareness fleece. If you have any crafts that you could make and donate that would be great. Also, let me know if you are willing to bake some baked goods and donate those. We will also be in need for people who are willing to work at the fundraiser. Just a few things to keep in mind. The fundraiser will fall either the end of April or the beginning of April depending on the print date of the cookbook and the weather.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Erin.
Great Blog! Also fun pictures taking on fundraiser day, thanks much!

Just a note - for the posting of past topics at parent support groups, regarding the March meeting, much information on educational settings at BOCES was presented by yours truly, Nancy!

Thanks for the opportunity to share. Take care and many thanks your hard work! Looking forward to June meeting.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home